Clear all

Reversible tracks?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@alhamric)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I recently received my table and was able to upload a number of neat tracks from some of the users - thanks everyone! I had only previously played tracks from the default playlist, and those all seem to run forward or backward (i.e. center to edge, or edge to center). However, I noticed that when playing single tracks, they all home in to the center before starting.

How does one determine which tracks can start from the edge and which can start from the center only? I would like to avoid having to home from edge to center first.

Thanks!

Andy

(@dithermaster)
Contributor

There are four types of tracks: center-to-center, edge-to-edge, center-to-edge, and edge-to-center. When you start playing a track, that track always plays in the order that it was written. When you play a "playlist" with multiple tracks, the software will stitch together "compatible" tracks, and this includes flipping center-to-edge, and edge-to-center tracks to play in reverse, depending on where the previous track ended. So if you put your user-created tracks (I'd be honored if that including some of mine!) in a playlist then the C/E and E/C tracks might play in either direction. On the other hand, if you are playing only C/C or E/E tracks, they won't ever play in reverse.

ReplyQuote
(@alhamric)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks Dithermaster. This was a very simple and clear explanation. Now that I am more aware of how the tracks work, I can identify issues like some tracks looking odd or poor starting in reverse. I have taken to solve this by using erase tracks or the e10 track to return the ball to the desired location.

Also, your sunburst track is currently my favorite! And there are some others I really enjoy like tri4 and wormhole. Thank you for making those available!

Andy

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

You are extremely welcome, and thanks for the kinds words. Once summer finally hit things got busy and I haven't made any new tracks. But it's getting cold here again, so who knows... Some ideas have been brewing in my head.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop