Clear all

Programming turtle art with Sisyphus

5 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@jon-haavie)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I am developing educational programs for our science center where we plan to let kids make their own turtle art with say Scratch, BeetleBlocks, Python and/or p5. The plan is to let a Sisyphus print their designs. However, I run in to some trouble importing svg-files from these platforms.Β 

Attaching a svg from Beetleblocks for anyone to try out. If you make this work, I would be super happy!

Also, let me know if you have any other experience combining programming of turtle art with Sisyphus.Β 

Best, Jon

(@jon-haavie)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Attaching a picture of what the drawing would look like.

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

This sounds awesome. I'll take a crack at this, thanks for the example.

The difference is that the SVG import right now is just looking for Path elements, whereas the output of your platform is exporting it as Polyline elements. Should be easy to make it read both.

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

Got it. Looks something like this via upload.

I just pushed an update yesterday (it did not include this), but the next one will include the ability to read polyline svg elements. If you want to get this going sooner, I can email you with the file to update on your Sisyphus and the directions on how to get it there.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jon-haavie)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Great! Yes, please send me the info! πŸ™‚

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop