skip to Main Content
Mirroring of Design...

Notifications
Clear all

Mirroring of Design - Does the Table's software automatically do that?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I am working on a small program to allow users to type in lines of text and produce a .thr file of their message - for Birthdays, Greetings and the like.  I've digitized a cursive alphabet and started printing messages on the table.

My Question is this - why does the table mirror output on the X axis (doing a Cartesian translation of the polar .thr file)? The letters are reversed.  I've only noticed this since most of my previous submissions were symmetric objects and the mirroring was not apparent.  I just mirror the Cartesian file on the X axis and it looks "normal".  But is this just how the table software works?

Topic Tags
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

It's probably just interpreting theta reverse to what you thought, which I think would also mirror the X axis. 

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

That may be the answer - the more that I work on programming the table the more "quirks" I recognize in the software.  Most people develop geometric based files where mirroring doesn't matter - but trying to create images are quite a different matter.  I have written software that takes an x,y based image and converts it into the dialect of polar that the table speaks and just realized there was a reversal.

just my notes of the tables polar preferences vs the Cartesian equivalent

1) quadrants are different - for the normal 1,2,3,4 in Cartesian , the table "sees" 2,3,4,1 for the image  - just a Pi/2 rotation fixes that.

2) The table is exquisitely sensitive to the value of Pi when you cross the 0 angle line clockwise or counterclockwise , otherwise it "jumps" in movement

3) The 0,0 area is problematic area for drawing - best to avoid or use tiny tiny increments when near it.

4) there is an x axis reversal of a Cartesian image by the table (when you translate the .thr file back to Cartesian you see an x axis  reversed image actually drawn on the table) 

5) When working from a Cartesian point base, the equivalent rho point must always be checked so it never exceeds 1

Anyway - I made an image and ran 4 cases - no flip, x axis flip, y axis flip and both axis flip.       X gets mirrored and Y is the same as the Cartesian equivalent.  One more thing to add to the software to compensate. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop