Clear all

Dynamic Tracks Question

4 Posts
4 Users
4 Likes
(@birchsport)
Contributor
Topic starter  

A friend mentioned an idea that I think is great, but not sure exactly how to pull it off yet or visualize it.Β  The idea is to incorporate the weather forecast.Β  Maybe have it write out the temp 'HI:57/LO: 42' 'Partly Cloudy', and draw some clouds...or something like that...have a set of prebuilt patterns to piece together to make some renderings.Β  Just thinking out loud...seems like it would be doable.Β  Is there a rest (or other) API for directly uploading a file to the table and triggering it to render? I have seen some projects with table control as the aim, so seems plausible.

Thoughts?

Birch

(@mofuglys)
Contributor

Cool idea... could work easily if your table is connected to Alexa and a format is established.

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

Probably icons would be better than text - faster to draw, easier to read.

A separate process on the Raspberry Pi could deposit tracks in a folder that the Sisyphus app watches, and insert them into the playlist when they appear.

Taking it further, you could dedicate the outer 1.5" of your table to "information display" and scale down all other tracks to play inside them, so the info doesn't get overwritten until the next info update.

Bruce, I should retire so I could join your software team!

birchsport, GregF and Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@dithermaster - careful what you wish for! πŸ™‚

GregF reacted
ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop