skip to Main Content
Ball doesn't go str...

Notifications
Clear all

Ball doesn't go straight line around center.

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@lguo888)
Contributor
Topic starter  

The ball doesn't go straight around the center for some tracks, but will go straight after I run the erase track, please help how I can fix this. Please see the attached pictures. Thanks

(@lguo888)
Contributor
Topic starter  

This is original track. 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

That is likely due to small errors in Rho positions that accumulate over time. This causes the ball to not be at true center when it is supposed to be there. So when the track sends the ball through the center, and it must do a 180 degree turn to come out the other side, you see an arc. Home position is established when the table boots up (it moves both axis until home sensors are activated), and it re-checks these at the end of a track if it ends at Rho = 0. If this position offset is constant (you see a small "donut" artifact in the center of all your tracks) you can adjust the homing offset (using the advanced table settings). But if it happens only on certain tracks, it may be due to running at higher speeds on tracks with sharp corners (like the one in your pic). Try running that track slower and seeing if it makes a difference.

ReplyQuote
(@lguo888)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thank you, Bruce, the ball rolls straight line after I slow down the speed. 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop