Clear all

Table forgot how to join my WiFi after power interruption

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@everyoneisanotheryou)
Contributor
Topic starter  

My table mysteriously stopped working with either of my family’s two iPhones that run the Sisyphus app. It seemed to have forgotten how to join my WiFi network and I ended up having to power cycle it a couple times and join the Sisyphus network and reconfigure it for the WiFi network all over again. Things that might have caused this:

1. My WiFi base station was power-cycled 3-4 times in the past week for unrelated reasons
  2. The Sisyphus table has been power-cycled 5-10 times since it arrived 2 weeks ago

I have observed that some settings, specifically brightness and/or auto-brightness tick-box, are forgotten after a table power-cycle. I suspect the WiFi name and/or password is also fragile or not durable. I work in technology and I’m a great troubleshooter and good at isolating problems. Pretty sure the settings are a bit fragile and tend to get erased if a power-cycle of the table lines up the wrong way with whatever threads or open file handles the table is working with... I’m all good now, but wanted to report this. Hopefully it doesn’t happen again. Otherwise, we are loving the table and looking forward to the updated app features whenever it ships! It’s a real conversation piece, and a stroke of genius, even down to the name. Tighten the app a bit  with some features like “run erase track in-between designs,” and it’ll be absolutely perfect. 🙂

This topic was modified 5 years ago by EveryoneIsAnotherYou

(@bruce)
Admin

Thanks for the feedback - we definitely are working to make the app more robust. Will pass this along to our devs!

Bruce

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop