Clear all

Lighting bugs

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@everyoneisanotheryou)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I’ve noticed two small lighting bugs. First, when the table is manually awoken from nighttime sleep mode, the light doesn’t rebound to the normal awake setting—it stays in nightlight mode until morning.

Second, the lighting dimming sliders appear to be non-linear and aren’t trimmed to the actual lower range and/or step intervals the light strip is capable of. On my table, the slider needs to be pretty much on the right half of the control for there to be light, and many “steps” the slider travels don’t raise or reduce the light level. Maybe there is a way to “trim” the light and make the slider dim accurately with the light strips. (Minor quibble, as light level is one of those things you usually don’t adjust often, after it’s been set once.)

(@bruce)
Admin

The first issue does sound like a bug - I'll pass your report on to our devs.

The second issue may be a bug, or may be a feature :).  There are two choices for lighting control - manual vs. autodim. The default is autodim: There is a photosensor on the SisBotBoard (SBB) that is "looking" at the floor under the table, which is then used as a rough gauge of ambient lighting in the environment. Using this, the LED's dim in evening, and brighten in the day - all without user intervention. In this mode, the slider affects the sensitivity of the sensor - and this relationship is not linear. Since there are many variables involved (ambient light levels, floor under table reflectance, and people's preference for what is "proper" light level), the optimal setting for the slider will vary, and is arrived at empirically.

With the autodim feature disabled, the table will respond to the slider more as you describe - brightness will vary linearly* over the entire range, but will not auto-change with changing ambient light levels.

*Actually, the relationship is exponential in control of the hardware, but is perceived as linear by the human eye.

ReplyQuote
(@everyoneisanotheryou)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks. I do have auto-dimming enabled. I didn’t realize that in that case, the slider would be controlling the photo-sensitivity of the light sensor, which explains why dimming isn’t linear. The nighttime wake-up bug I described may be a factor of needing to change that photosensor back to the wake-up sensitivity value rather than keeping it to the nighttime sensitivity value.

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by EveryoneIsAnotherYou

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop