Clear all

Firmware version 1.5.4

3 Posts
3 Users
1 Likes
(@kristoffer-bjorkman)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I just had my table updated from (beta) 1.3.11 to 1.5.4 (still beta?).

A bit curious about what is new - is there a change log to be found somewhere?

(@bruce)
Admin

There is a change log, we just didn't make it readily accessible to the user yet :(. We'll fix that. The majority of changes have to do with merging bunches of things related to supporting our wood tables, which are servo driven. These features (like servo fault detection and two-ball support) shouldn't (we hope) cause any bad effects on the metal tables' functioning. But one thing you can see is a major change in homing. On boot up all tables do a "sensored home", moving each axis slowly toward a sensor  (theta first then rho second) - which is unchanged. From then on the table "knows" where home is. Now, whenever you manually choose a different playlist or single track to play,  it homes by "dead-reckoning" - moving both axes simultaneously, directly home (no need to "feel" its way). The practical effect is that, when you choose different tracks or playlists, there is far less time spent homing. This is huge if you're developing your own tracks and want to quickly test tweaks. Please let us know if you land on any bugs - we're hoping to merge this to our production version soon!

ReplyQuote
(@ndhutchison)
Contributor

Thanks Bruce.  

Running 1.5.4 and will let you know if I hit any issues.

I'm a little scared to play with the fine adjustments in the app to correct for alignment issues as both my tables are spot on, but interested to hear how it helps others that may have home issues.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop