Clear all

Firmware update 1.10.78 -> 1.10.83 fails

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kristoffer-bjorkman)
Contributor
Topic starter  

My table is (should be) on beta updates. The web interface now advises to update from 1.10.78 to 1.10.83 (the Android app interface does not, as expected).

If I confirm, the update starts and immediately fails. The progress screen shows "Step Failure of 10" and the table slowly cycles the light level. 

I can reboot and everything seems to work fine again, and I am again advised to update.

Earlier updates have worked fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

(@matt2)
Admin

Kristoffer, you are doing nothing wrong. In recent updates we changed the method of firmware updates to be less reliant on git working correctly. With this change, there are values that get passed to the server to request the right version of the update. I suspect your table is in one of the states where it does not send the value needed to receive the beta version back. 

So, just for this one time, I suggest updating manually (command line). And after that it should update in the future as intended. 

Navigate to ~/sisbot-server/sisbot and run the following commands:

git reset --hard
git pull origin staging

Then go to ~/sisbot-server/sisproxy and run:

sudo ./restart.sh

Try running the firmware update via the app again after those commands. If you have any issues with these, please let me know.

ReplyQuote
(@bobnik4)
Contributor

Hi,

I am in a similar boat. iPhone. Upgrade to 1.10.83. Shows update bar and begins process, gets to Step 2 of 10 (fixing ownership) and then seems to crash. The "Update Available" option is shown again, and I have to start over with no update installed. Repeat for same results.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
Bob

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop