Clear all

Beep on Pause

0 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@axel-wupper)
Contributor
Topic starter  

An - optional - beep on 'pause between tracks' would be nice.

(@bruce)
Admin

Alas, Sisyphus does not have a speaker / piezo buzzer to produce a beep with.

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

Neither does my 3D printer but there are some GCode files I can "print" that make it play music using different speeds of the stepper motors. Depending on how much control you have over the stepper drivers maybe you could do something like that. I think it's even possible without moving the motors much. 

ReplyQuote
(@axel-wupper)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Sorry,

my sentence should have ended "be nice in the app."

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@dithermaster - I'm familiar with stepper "music" :). One of our greatest challenges, during the prototyping for in-home Sisyphus back in 2015, was how to get rid of stepper noise. Trinamic (the maker of the chips we use) thankfully came out with their new "Silent Stick" chip around then, and it was a godsend. If working properly, Sisyphus's motors should never make appreciable noise (though you can hear them at high speed settings). This being said - the motors can be made to "sing" rather loudly if you command them to go way faster than they are able to go (we had a bug a while back that could cause that). It causes no harm, and the motor doesn't actually move, so I guess we could make this a feature ;).

@Axel.Wupper - I'll check with our devs as to whether the app can send a notice when a track finishes.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop