Clear all

Very not smooth movements. Getting worse over time. :(

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@jessicarunnels)
Contributor
Topic starter  

My table stutters and pauses when drawing a track. It has been doing for quite a while. At first, I just figured that it was just something to expect/deal with even though it never made a lot of sense to me why it would be happening at all. But this problem seems to be getting worse and worse -- to the point now where it will  just stop completely for periods of time in the middle of a track. Attached is a video that is just over a minute to illustrate. This does not seem to be related to track complexity or origin. I have seen it happen with even a simple erase track. :/

(@bruce)
Admin

I haven't seen this before (and I thought I'd seen everything Sis-related!). From the video it seems clear that the problem is software and not hardware (no position loss, and no mechanical noise). The best place to debug this with you and get things smoothed out is on our support desk - please start a ticket at:  https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Bruce

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@jessicarunnels - I don't see a new ticket by you yet, so here's the consensus: None of us have seen this before. Micah suggests a factory reset - Settings>Advanced>Factory Reset>Reset

Please let us know if it helps.

ReplyQuote
(@jessicarunnels)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Will do it ASAP and keep you posted. --Jessica

ReplyQuote
(@jessicarunnels)
Contributor
Topic starter  

BTW -- didn't see your first response and got caught back up in other things. Sorry to not have followed the instructions to create a ticket! Should I still do so?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

A ticket isn't necessary - especially if the factory reset works - but it's nice for us as it provides a record of prior issues that we can readily search.

ReplyQuote
(@cclark)
Contributor

What track is this in the video?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

The current track being plotted is Seash5. The one under it is Hosta (community shared track), which you can get here (in the Ddkengr folder).

ReplyQuote
(@jessicarunnels)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Unhappy update (I also opened a ticket, but thought I should include here as well in case anyone else has similar issues): I did the factory re-set and all seemed well for quite a while. Slowly, I re-added community tracks (including my own) and it still seemed okay.

At some point along the way, the table dropped off my home network and couldn't be found / would have trouble being found via browser or app. Ultimately, I have had to unplug the table altogether to get it back on the network. Often when the browser or app would be searching for the table, it would stutter again, but usually once it connected it would behave normally.

I always assumed this was just standard behavior (I see the same kind of pausing of movement when uploading tracks), but now it is stuttering all the time even when I am not trying to access it via browser or app. I have rebooted the table, and it has not gotten rid of the the problem.

I really don't want to have to re-set the table back to factory default yet again and then again and again... 🙁 as re-adding the tracks is an extremely time-consuming process. Any other suggestions?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Hi Jessica,

Sorry to hear about the problem with your table. We're on it - will follow up with you on our support desk.

Bruce

ReplyQuote
(@sisyphus5)
Contributor

Would like to just throw my hat in the ring here and say I've had the stuttering issue on my table as well (4' wood). I had exactly the same behavior as Jessica and I'm currently on the latest firmware (1.10.24). 

A few things:
1) I've found cycling the power will solve the problem temporarily. 
2) I have a theory/superstition that I've spent not much time validating: I never use the mobile app to configure my table. It just never sees it for some reason - but the web browser version works. I would leave the sisyphys app page up and running so i could always check on what it's up to, skip a track, etc. My theory is that there's a memory leak in leaving that app open which slowly causes the cpu in the table to slow down. I FEEL (very unscientific) that when I reboot the table and just don't touch the app, that the stuttering problem goes away for much longer. It does come back for a pattern or two but seems to go away again. 

Anyway, at the very least just wanted to let you all know that Jessica isn't alone with this one.
Thanks for checking it out!
-Jager

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop