Clear all

Table loses its IP on FW 1.10.83

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Since updating to 1.10.83, I've noticed that after some period of time, my coffee table loses network connectivity, at least at its Web app layer, even though it remains connected to the actual WiFi network.  In both cases where I have observed this issue, the following happens:

• I open the Sisyphus iOS app.  It says "Connecting" for quite a while and then I get an error page with options to Rescan, Open WiFi Settings, etc. At the top of this page, it says the Current IP of the Sisyphus is a 169.254.x.x address.  That is obviously not a correct IP for my actual network's subnet.  This behavior persists with Rescans.
  • If I open a browser on my laptop and attempt to the IP that I have reserved for my table on my DHCP server, I see a Sisyphus page that gets stuck at Loading for a while, but does eventually display the normal interface.  However, the status is completely wrong in terms of the track being played, and although the interface responds, the table does not.  For example, I can choose to put the table to sleep, and the interface will now claim that the Sisyphus is sleeping even though it isn't.
  • I can still ping the Sisyphus at its normal IP that I reserved on my DHCP server.

So it seems the table still has a valid IP for my network, but its iOS/Web app interface eventually stops operating properly with it.

(@bruce)
Admin

Relayed to dev team...

ReplyQuote
(@patti)
Contributor

I've experienced intermittent IP connectivity as well though I haven't spent any time troubleshooting the issue.  The next time it happens I'll spend some time looking for diagnostics.

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

John,

This issue was found and fixed, but we thought it was only affecting new installs. So if you were an early to update to 1.10.83, the fix may not have been included in the download.

There are two steps I'd like you to follow to get the table functioning correctly. 

First thing is to get the network straightened out. A power-cycle should allow the network to reconnect correctly, but if that does not, hold the reset button for 5 seconds on the Pi hat while the table is running. See: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045602111

After you get the table correctly on your home network, use the app or browser to force a software update. Go to Settings->Advanced Settings. Touch or click on "Advanced" in the header 7 times (you should see extra info about versions). Scroll down to Sisyphus Settings and click on that button. At the bottom of the Sisyphus Settings page, there is a Force Firmware Update button. Click on that to ensure you have the latest firmware.

If these don't work, please let me know, I'd like to look deeper into the logs on your table if so.

ReplyQuote
(@john-hughan)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks for the quick reply, Matt.  I may indeed have been an early adopter, but I've just run the forced firmware update successfully.  I'll check on the table periodically over the next few days and report back if I encounter any further issues. Thanks again. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop