Clear all

Magnet shaving bottom of table

6 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
(@jay14837)
Contributor
Topic starter  

So the second magnet that usually moves on the outside that is attached to a clear or white arm. It’s shaving the bottom of my Table as it moves, after just a minute a good amount of dust builds up and I need to blow it off. It’s like wood dust. It also makes a loud grinding sound. This can’t be normal. Video attached. 

(@bruce)
Admin

Well that's not good! I've alerted our support desk to expect a ping from you - best for you to submit a request so we can keep a record: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

ReplyQuote
(@mail-sisyphus)
Contributor

Posted by: @jay14837

So the second magnet that usually moves on the outside that is attached to a clear or white arm. It’s shaving the bottom of my Table as it moves, after just a minute a good amount of dust builds up and I need to blow it off. It’s like wood dust. It also makes a loud grinding sound. This can’t be normal. Video attached. 

Jay- did you have any luck getting this resolved?  What was the underlying problem?  

I'm seeing a very similar problem with a new table and haven't made any progress with resolving this with support yet.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@mail-sisyphus I checked on our support desk, and I see that you are working with Greg. He's our shop lead, and is great at trouble shooting. We will make it right.

ReplyQuote
(@rick-yeh)
Contributor

My brand new end table has the same issue. After about an hour and 30 minutes or so I came by to check on it and heard a grinding noise, looked under the table and saw a fine with dust building up. Please help!

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@rick-yeh This is definitely not normal function -- I will alert our support team, but also, please start a ticket so we can keep track of it: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

follow up: Support is already working with you (they suspect the dust is  from the cardboard waffle-board padding which we cut to size in our shop) and have relayed instructions for removing it and inspecting the low-friction pad on the magnet for signs of wear or foreign material. Rest assured - we will make sure the problem is fixed!

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop