Clear all

Mini LED add

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@remcaffey)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Can I add a white LED strip to the mini by just plugging into board? 

Then operate by app?

(@bruce)
Admin

How old is your Mini, and what version (ES, EX, or LE)? Did it come without an LED strip?

ReplyQuote
(@remcaffey)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I have the cheapest kickstart mini...no led..no glass..etc. I have created a custom housing for it and would like to add an led strip.. I see some type plug in. Just wanted to know if I can plug a reg type led strip and it work without a bunch of added cost/ effort.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@dithermaster)
Contributor

I think so. I haven't seen the mini without LEDs, but as long as the outside wall is tall enough you can use an LED strip with adhesive backing, and tuck the wires and control module somewhere. I'd suggest getting one you can set the colors on, because if you get red only you might get bored (unless you really like red!)

On my 2' side table I replaced the original white LED strip with an RGBW addressable one and ran color patterns on it using an Arduino microcontroller. They were not based on ball position like the factory strip, but they proved out the concept. I replaced that with the factory RGBW strip, which is more integrated and follows the ball position.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Yes, it should be possible to add a string of single-color LED's (presumably white, but doesn't matter). The key is they need to be rated for 12VDC. The 2-wire connector we use is not the "standard" one that you'll find on strips from Amazon. If you need help connecting the lights to the Sisbot board, drop a request with our support staff, who can guide you through it. As long as you don't short the two wires, you can't cause any harm.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop