Clear all

Great tool to smooth the sand

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@dbullard)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I have a cooking utensil that's basically a flat piece of steel with a curl on one side (see attached file) - think of it as a wide sled.

It's great for making a nice clean, flat sand border around the table - it's really hard to get it even and smooth.  This does the trick nicely.

Doug

(@bruce)
Admin

Love it! Living in Minnesota, I understand why you want the curved front edge :). Thanks for sharing this!

Bruce

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor

Forgive my naïveté, but (1) how exactly do you use it on the sand, and (2) what is this utensil actually used for?

ReplyQuote
(@dbullard)
Contributor
Topic starter  

You use it on the sand by pushing it so the curled edge goes over the sand like a sled, and the wide, flat area presses the sand flat in a nice, wide, even path.

The utensil is normally used when you're chopping up food, you hold the curl and scoop up the chopped bits with the flat side.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@heropup - think toboggan 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@alhamric)
Contributor

I would have never thought of this, excellent idea!

I call mine a bench scraper, and used it for unsticking my gingerbread cutout cookies from my pastry board a couple days ago. I have also used it for collecting and maneuvering things like diced onions or chopped herbs from the cutting board into the recipe.

ReplyQuote
(@whofan)
Contributor

Search Stainless Steel Scraper/Chopper at Amazon for this item

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop