Clear all

Esoteric Wishlist and Ideas

6 Posts
5 Users
7 Likes
(@rberteig)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I thought I would express my delight with my 3 footer in a traditional geek way: Ask for more features!

Naturally, my real motive is to spark discussion of ways to enhance it without breaking what makes it so amazing.

Here's a couple of things that have been rattling around my head. I'm sure a few more crazier ideas will shake loose eventually.

• Live Title Card. This would be a thin, nearly border-less eInk display that could either sit on the table top or be hung on a wall nearby. Its design should scream "museum title card". It could update occasionally with the name of the currently playing track (and author, year created, etc.). Earlier tracks could scroll off the bottom. I'm sure it could have other uses, but I would avoid anything updating too often or adding too much clutter. "Hep, white sand on Sisyphus Kinetic Art Table." 
  • Predicted Play Times. I assume that the track file and the current play rate tell you almost everything you need to know to predict the play time for a track, perhaps to 10 min accuracy. You could add that information to the other information available about a track, perhaps only visible when the single track is expanded. You could also show the path length in feet or meters.
  • Play Progress. Showing the percentage complete of the current track would help answer a very frequent question: "When will it finish that?" Also showing the time remaining would help too. 
  • Geek Statistics. I'd love to have a total distance rolled, total run time, and similar statistics available to satisfy the occasional urge for trivia.

(@bruce)
Admin

Thanks, Ross - nothing could be better than positive feedback, plus great suggestions for the future! Everything you mentioned is absolutely feasible and something I've thought of before - except - the clean display of  Track info (and data per user choice) that is external to the mobile / browser GUI. That is brilliant! Done right (as you say, "museum title card") it could be a fantastic option. If you or anyone else has the skillset and desire to work on something like this, we will definitely support it!

ReplyQuote
(@hdubose1)
Contributor

I'd like to add to this list:

• Siri / Alexa voice command integration for choosing playlists, tracks, speed, brightness, etc...

ReplyQuote
(@jonj-kay)
Contributor

ability to set a pause duration after completion of a track before progressing to the next

ReplyQuote
(@everyoneisanotheryou)
Contributor

Loving the table so far!

I would love it if the app had a tick-box option to run an erase track between each track, as many tracks looks best on a groomed canvas. Even better would be an option to run that erase track at high-speed, and then resume the standard chosen speed for the art track.

As others have probably commented, the ability to sort tracks in a playlist and insert tracks (such as the erase track) would be very helpful, as well as the ability to specify a pause duration of NNN minutes.

aryan1968 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@everyoneisanotheryou - Thanks for your suggestions! We are planning some major changes to our app's capabilities in the next year. In the meantime, you can fully edit and create playlists now. So you can insert erase tracks in between other tracks  just remember to play the playlist sequentially (not "shuffled"). The erase track is already 3x the speed as all other tracks - but yes, we are planning to allow customizing each track's speed from the user interface in the future. And the option you request for the settable pause duration between tracks is also in the works.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop