Clear all

Constantly losing connection

0 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@camou)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I am sometimes able to connect to sysiphus, but most of the time it is losing connection to my router. It's a Fritz!Box 7362 at 2.4GHz and is using channel 13. I know that channel 13 isn't used everywhere in the world. Is that a problem for Sisyphus?

(@micahr)
Admin

Camou,

By default channel 13 is not supported as the vast majority of our tables go the US where channel 13 is not allowed. However the fact that it's working at all leads me to believe that channel 13 is enabled on your table.

If channel 13 is already enabled we need to look at potential causes of interference in your environment.  Common reasons the table may struggle to maintain a connection are increased interference in a densely populated area, many 2.4 GHz devices in the area or distance from the router. The included radio is not particularly powerful so it's somewhat susceptible to the above issues. Solutions include changing router location, utilizing a 5 GHz band (our more recent tables support 5 GHz) or adding a more powerful WiFi adapter to the table.  

If the issue is that channel 13 needs to be enabled there are two ways to do this:

1. re-image the micro SD card with a custom image with updated location
  2. connect with a terminal and SSH to the table to update the location setting

Please respond with more information on the local environment and if one of the listed solutions may work to support@sisyphus-industries.com

Micah

ReplyQuote
(@camou)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello Micah,

thank you for your answer. My question was not exact enough. The Fritz!Box is changing the channel from time to time. I think I always lost connection when it changed to Ch13. Because your solutions 1 and 2 are too complicated for me I just set my router to a fixed channel 11. Did not lose connection since.

Thanks and have a merry christmas

Thorsten

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop