Clear all

Sisyphus Custom Text Generator - 3 straight lines or 2 circular ones

0 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I added a second option to the custom text generator that I wrote that can output 2 lines of circular text on the table or the previous 3 straight lines of cursive text, plus some punctuation too.

Interface is cleaned up too, all you need to run it is to download MS Small Basic v 1.2 and load it from there. (it 's free) 

I can only attach 2 items per entry - so look below for the program (.sb file), the data file (abcd.txt)  and the instruction txt file

(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

program file and data file here 

This post was modified 5 years ago by crsolomon

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

instructions

ReplyQuote
(@joshr)
Contributor

This is fantastic work, so thoughtfully implemented! It really opens up the possibilities of how I can showcase and enjoy Sisyphus table in my home.  I'll be using this for every special occasion, welcoming visitors and wishing loved ones a happy birthday. 🙂  It works really well, and I've been enjoying playing around with it.  I have in running on my Mac by way of Parallels VM.  No problems at all.

It's so good that I'd love to someday see Sisyphus work with you, to incorporate this excellent capability into the Sisyphus app itself.  Until then, thanks for creating this excellent tool, and thanks for sharing it with us all!

ReplyQuote
(@bryshome)
Contributor

Well done! This makes it super easy to create custom messages that integrate the table into what’s going on in our lives. Nice work! We’ll be using this a lot!

This post was modified 5 years ago by bryshome

ReplyQuote
 jd
(@jd)
Contributor

Your instructions and the program worked like a charm!

Just I was thinking about buying the table, one of my initial thoughts was whether I would be able to create custom text images… Thank You so much for making this possible and sharing it!

Sisyphus should make this feature a part of the app… the text option adds additional functionality and takes the experience to a whole new level.

Many Thanks!
jd-

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

This is the September 8 update for the text generator - if you download it PLEASE use this one as it fixed a small bug and it adds a new font option (cursive and printed text) to the output as well as the ability to rotate the image in case you have your table in an fixed position

This post was modified 5 years ago by crsolomon

ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

here are the 2 font data sets you need to download too 

you MUST use the newer data files here with the new version as they have more punctuation characters in their database (! $ % & ? , ) 

This post was modified 5 years ago 2 times by crsolomon

ReplyQuote
(@estarmer)
Contributor

Sorry for being a computer dunce, but when I run the Text generator it says I need to have the abcd.txt file in the same directory . I have the sb file and the two abcd files in the same folder , named Sisyphus, under Documents,but apparently that's not the same as having them in the same directory. How do I put them all in the same directory

ReplyQuote
(@estarmer)
Contributor

Finally realised that I had to remove the series of numbers that showed up in front of the abcd and abcdp text files after I downloaded them - now it works ! (and learned that apparently directories and folders are essentially the same thing)

This post was modified 5 years ago by estarmer

ReplyQuote
(@camou)
Contributor

I tried it, but all i get is a thr-file that consists of thousands of identical lines

318,87138 0

Only the first two lines and the last line is different. What am I doing wrong? I tried it with the old and the new version of the program.

ReplyQuote
(@magotsch)
Contributor

Hi there,

I have a Sisyphus Mini and it seems not to work? Seems to draw just the start of one Letter (so assume that the size is fitted to the standard table?).

Could you help?

Thanks,

Sven

ReplyQuote
(@camou)
Contributor

Ok, until i manage to get this to work, could someone please create a thr for me (with 3 stright lines, cursive or printed text - i did not see the difference until now, 0 degrees, thin spiral, large letters) with the text

Happy

Birthday

Claudia!

This post was modified 4 years ago 3 times by Camou (Thorsten)

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop