skip to Main Content
How do we share tra...

Notifications
Clear all

How do we share tracks we create in your DropBox area?

13 Posts
6 Users
2 Likes
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I have made a few tracks and I know there is a general repository for the publicly shared ones in your DropBox area.  I can download them easily but I see no facility for creating a new folder to place my tracks into.  How do we place them for public sharing?   Or use the Reddit area?

I'll attach a file that I made as an example.

(@dithermaster)
Contributor

What other folks have done is to post their tracks online, and then give Sisyphus Industries permission to mirror them in their read-only dropbox (for example, mine are at  https://github.com/Dithermaster/sisyphus/tree/master/thr_paths). I don't know much about the "Reddit area" but maybe it could work as well. Someday the "Community" functionality will work as sharing will be easier for both the creators and the consumers.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@dithermaster is correct. You can either post them yourself somewhere, and give us permission to mirror them on our Dropbox, or you can just post them here and we will assume permission and do it (after checking to see if the thr file is valid and the content is something we are comfortable posting on our site). I have created a folder named "crsolomon" on our Dropbox, and the file is there now. If you would like to change the name of the folder to your real name for attribution (or whatever you like), please let me know. Also - though not required, if you have an image of the completed sand plot, posting that (or sending it with the thr file) will help others decide if they want to download the track.

ps- looks like a cool track on my visualizer - will run it today!

ReplyQuote
(@brandoncissna)
Contributor

For those of us who are nowhere near as smart as you all. Can you explain step by step on how to put custom tracks from the dropbox folder onto our playlists?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@brandoncissna - First, start here:  https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004786031-Connecting-to-your-table-with-a-browser

And then, once you are able to connect your web browser to your table, move on to here: https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004786271-How-do-I-get-more-tracks-paths-

We know that this is not the easiest or most straight forward process. But it's the best we have currently. We will be making a major push this year to improve the process, with the goal to make downloading new tracks as simple and intuitive as it is with music files. But that takes considerable developer time -  which we are investing in.

whofan reacted
ReplyQuote
(@crsolomon)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I have made a few more tracks - including an improved version of my sun moon that you already posted.   If you can put them into the shared dropbox - I will thank you very much.  And you have permission to share them with all.

I've also finally figured out the polar reading quirks of your table and made my own tools to generate .thr files from Cartesian coordinate images.  The only thing I will say is that the area around the 0 0 of the table is very weird and avoiding it in images is really necessary - it does not play nice there at all.

oh - and this box only lets me deposit one file - how do I send the thr and jpg of several files to you?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Great - I put the new track in your folder on our public tracks Dropbox. You can send me more files to add to your folder via email: my first name@sisyphus-industries.com

ReplyQuote
(@n8ajz62)
Contributor

@bruce, can you please create a folder for me in the public tracks Dropbox area?  I have some I have created with Sandify.   ???? 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@n8ajz62 - Gladly! Done, and ready for me to add your files.

n8ajz62 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@n8ajz62)
Contributor

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Posted @n8ajz62. Have you run them all? I noticed they don't start and end fully at the center or edge (r=0 or 1). Hit the "Force Endpoints " button in the Polar Machine box. I think our program auto-forces this, but it's best to put them in the file.

ps - some of those look pretty interesting - looking forward to running them!

ReplyQuote
(@n8ajz62)
Contributor

I thought I had the force endpoints on.  Yes I've run them.  But I didn't look so closely to notice.  

Did you run them yet?   Do you want me to re-create them with the endpoints on, just in case?

ReplyQuote
(@anthony-navarro)
Contributor

Please do... ???? 

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop