Information about Rho Start/Endion !

6 Posts
5 Users
2 Likes
(@purchase)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hi,
If the track you want to play is in a plalist you can see by modifing the playlist the information about "Rho Start/End" ...
... BUT if the track you want to play is only in the Track list then you can't see this information.

And by the way, for "0/1 Reversible" track it could be useful to decide if you want to stard by the center OR by the perimeter

Best Regards

Bernard

(@bruce)
Admin

You can see an individual tack's start/end by clicking on the 3-dots to the right of it in the Library / tracks list.

The rationale behind having 01 or 10 tracks be reversible, is so they are easy to link with other tracks in a playlist, without having to add a connecting path on the sand. You can force a 01 to only play in the 0 to 1 direction by making it not reversible. We don't yet have a way to force it to play in the 1 to 0 direction (though you can reverse a 01 track using a utility like Sandify, and save it as a 10 track, and then make that not reversible when you load it onto your Sisyphus).

ReplyQuote
(@patti)
Contributor

I like to live DJ my table sometimes rather than building playlists.  Having directional information visible in the track list as well as when building a playlist would be quite useful.

For @purchase I've worked around the issue of choosing a direction by creating two tracks, which I've very cleverly named "goto0" and "goto1".  If I want to play a specific track outside-in I'll play goto1 and then the track.  After I did that and was giddy with my success I also created "erasein" and "eraseout" tracks that did exactly what one would expect based on the names.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ranord50)
Contributor

@bruce 

Hi Bruce,

This is something I've been looking for but when I click the 3 dots to the right of the track name in the track list I don't see the Rho Start/End info.  What am I missing.

Thanks

Roger

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@ranord50 Just spoke with our dev - currently, the only place the start/end rho positions are show is while editing a playlist. Next firmware update will add this in individual track info.

ranord50 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@adambrower)
Contributor

@bruce Erase is already compliant: when it is first in a playlist, and checked as reversible, it will play from rho=1 to =0... as long as the ball is at rho=1 when we launch the playlist. Oh, sorry, maybe this is for Patti?

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop