Clear all

In and out for no reason

8 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@heropup)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I think a recent firmware update did something to my table where it now gets confused about the way tracks should be read.  It won't reverse a reversible track to ensure that the playback is continuous.  When playing a 1-1 track (start and end are on the edge), it will even go in and then back out.  See the attached photos.  I have not been able to figure out how to fix this. I suspect what is happening is that after each track finishes playing, the table homes; then it arcs back out if the next track is of type 1-1.

(@matt2)
Admin

I think I know what this one is, there was a bug in a past release that would cause this behavior. Tracks that have more points than will appear on a table are truncated and resaved. But, the bug was: when resaving, it saved an extra vert in it that is dynamically added to ensure the ball starts at the point it should (at the center, or at the periphery).

The fix is that you should delete and redownload the track in your picture (C Warp 3B, I believe). All of the original tracks are available in the Community section, Sisyphus Originals.

Please update to the latest firmware if you are not on 1.10.83 as well.

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I would like to report an update.  I was already running 1.10.83; deleting and downloading the tracks again resolved the issue.  However, when I recently updated the firmware to 1.10.85, it corrupted the tracks again.  I don't want to have to re-download every single track every time there is a firmware update.

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

The update shouldn't cause this to recur, but I'll dig into this.

Could you share the order of tracks on the playlist this is happening on?

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I believe the tracks are hero_13wave1i and hero_7loop4.  See attached picture.  I am playing with shuffle = on and repeat = on.

ReplyQuote
(@heropup)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Update:  after doing a factory reset, installing the latest firmware update 1.10.83, and downloading user-generated tracks through the iPhone app, I discovered that all of these tracks are being downloaded without respecting the "reversible" flag setting in Webcenter.  In other words, if the track is Type 01 and the author allows it to be drawn reversibly, the downloaded track has "reversible" unchecked in the library.  I have to go in and check it manually.  Again, I'm doing this on a fresh firmware install on a factory reset table.  Since the factory reset installs the default playlist tracks, those have the reversible flag set correctly already.  It's only if I try to download a reversible track that it gets unchecked.

ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

Thanks for the heads up. This was the intended method at one time, but it should respect the author's settings on download now. This is an issue on the app, so the next time you see an update from the App Store or Google Play, it should be fixed.

Bruce reacted
ReplyQuote
(@matt2)
Admin

I think I've found the issue. Rounding (or lack thereof) error on track loading. Fix in upcoming update.

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop