Community

Connecting to Sisyphus via SSH  

RSS

(@c3-141592tardis42)
Contributor
May 21, 2018 8:50 am  

I have noticed that the Sisyphus table is accessible to SSH (port 22) over my wifi network. I have been able to connect to it using Putty and I am greeted with a typical login prompt. However I do not know the default password for this interface. I have tried all the common RaspberryPi default login credentials but none have worked. Has anyone else attempted to access their table this way or found the default login credentials?

Thanks 🙂 

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
May 21, 2018 2:37 pm  

Hi CuttlefishPi -

We ran into an issue in a business setting, where having a Raspberry Pi connected to the business WiFi was a problem for their security department - especially with the default password in place. I've emailed you the password (to the address you gave when joining the forum). Let us know if you have any problem connecting. For others wanting to login directly, just let us know and we will send the info privately.

ReplyQuote
(@robin-glaveme-com)
Contributor
May 25, 2018 5:39 am  

I‘d love to get SSH access please. Is there a documented way to control the table via command line? That would be great for integrating the table into my smart home system...

Kristoffer liked
ReplyQuote
 Ross
(@rberteigalumni-caltech-edu)
Contributor
May 25, 2018 12:38 pm  

Robin, there is this project described at reddit that is building on what is known about the table's API as used by the web site and apps: sisyphus-control 1.0.0

Bruce, I would also appreciate knowing the SSH credentials.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
May 26, 2018 9:51 am  

Hi Ross,

PW sent via email.

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon-salmon)
Contributor
August 29, 2018 12:51 am  

Hi Bruce,

Could you please send through SSH details to my email address that is registered on the forum.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Jon <><

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
August 29, 2018 1:21 pm  

Hi Jon,

Replying publicly, since you have the PW, and everything else is fine for pblic sharing. I use Tera Term (free download), but using any terminal program you like, connect to your Sisyphus using Host: <your table's local IP address>, TCP port#: 22, Service: SSH. If it finds your table, it will ask you to login - name: pi, Password: the PW I sent you.

Notes:

1. The  default password for Raspberry Pi's is "raspberry". We changed it due to security concerns(we don't want hackers messing with your table!).
  2. You can use your table's name (a.k.a. alias, like "sisyphus") as the hostname, but you have to add ".local" - e.g. Host: sisyphus.local. If that doesn't work, you can find the actual IP address by using either your phone app or browser interface / Settings / Advanced / IP address is displayed next to "Sisyphus IP Address".

Bruce

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon-salmon)
Contributor
September 2, 2018 7:59 am  

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the detail above, very useful, however I don't think I asked my question very well.

Can you please e-mail me the password for my Sisyphus table? I had been trying User Name:"pi"
Password "raspberry"
Already with no success when I found this thread.

I had a look through my inbox and junk mail folders for the past week and couldn't see an e-mail from you yet (probably because one wasn't sent) 🙂
Cheers,
Jon <><

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon-salmon)
Contributor
September 11, 2018 7:28 pm  

Hey Bruce,

when you get a chance, could you please email through the password for my Sisyphus table?

I look forward to your response soon.

Cheers,

Jon <><

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
September 12, 2018 10:53 am  

sorry for the delay - done! Let me know if you don't get it.

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon-salmon)
Contributor
September 13, 2018 9:35 am  

Thanks Bruce,

got it and it’s working perfectly 

ReplyQuote
 gzip
(@gzip)
Contributor
September 18, 2018 11:40 pm  

Hi Bruce,

Can you send me the password please?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
September 19, 2018 8:30 am  

done!

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Working

Please Login or Register