Connecting to Sisyphus via SSH

85 Posts
46 Users
3 Likes
14.4 K Views
(@c3-141592tardis42)
Contributor
Topic starter  

I have noticed that the Sisyphus table is accessible to SSH (port 22) over my wifi network. I have been able to connect to it using Putty and I am greeted with a typical login prompt. However I do not know the default password for this interface. I have tried all the common RaspberryPi default login credentials but none have worked. Has anyone else attempted to access their table this way or found the default login credentials?

Thanks 🙂 

(@bruce)
Admin

Hi CuttlefishPi -

We ran into an issue in a business setting, where having a Raspberry Pi connected to the business WiFi was a problem for their security department - especially with the default password in place. I've emailed you the password (to the address you gave when joining the forum). Let us know if you have any problem connecting. For others wanting to login directly, just let us know and we will send the info privately.

ReplyQuote
(@robin-glave)
Contributor

I‘d love to get SSH access please. Is there a documented way to control the table via command line? That would be great for integrating the table into my smart home system...

ReplyQuote
(@rberteig)
Contributor

Robin, there is this project described at reddit that is building on what is known about the table's API as used by the web site and apps: sisyphus-control 1.0.0

Bruce, I would also appreciate knowing the SSH credentials.

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Hi Ross,

PW sent via email.

ReplyQuote
 jon
(@jon-2)
Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Could you please send through SSH details to my email address that is registered on the forum.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers,

Jon <><

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Hi Jon,

Replying publicly, since you have the PW, and everything else is fine for pblic sharing. I use Tera Term (free download), but using any terminal program you like, connect to your Sisyphus using Host: <your table's local IP address>, TCP port#: 22, Service: SSH. If it finds your table, it will ask you to login - name: pi, Password: the PW I sent you.

Notes:

1. The  default password for Raspberry Pi's is "raspberry". We changed it due to security concerns(we don't want hackers messing with your table!).
  2. You can use your table's name (a.k.a. alias, like "sisyphus") as the hostname, but you have to add ".local" - e.g. Host: sisyphus.local. If that doesn't work, you can find the actual IP address by using either your phone app or browser interface / Settings / Advanced / IP address is displayed next to "Sisyphus IP Address".

Bruce

ReplyQuote
 jon
(@jon-2)
Contributor

Hi Bruce,
Thanks for the detail above, very useful, however I don't think I asked my question very well.

Can you please e-mail me the password for my Sisyphus table? I had been trying User Name:"pi"
Password "raspberry"
Already with no success when I found this thread.

I had a look through my inbox and junk mail folders for the past week and couldn't see an e-mail from you yet (probably because one wasn't sent) 🙂
Cheers,
Jon <><

ReplyQuote
 jon
(@jon-2)
Contributor

Hey Bruce,

when you get a chance, could you please email through the password for my Sisyphus table?

I look forward to your response soon.

Cheers,

Jon <><

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

sorry for the delay - done! Let me know if you don't get it.

ReplyQuote
 jon
(@jon-2)
Contributor

Thanks Bruce,

got it and it’s working perfectly 

ReplyQuote
(@ceriumz)
Contributor

Hi Bruce,

Can you send me the password please?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

done!

ReplyQuote
(@cmh714)
Contributor

Bruce can you please shoot me the root password? Want to shutdown cleanly while on vacation.

TIA

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@cmh714 Sent!

ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@ted)
Contributor

Good Morning,
I am new to this and believe that my girlfriend has somehow frozen up her table.  I have attempted all of the suggested online fixes so I am about to try digging in a little further.
I am hoping that the hard-wired Ethernet driver is enabled and plan on using PuTTY to connect.
From reading thru this blog, it looks like I have everything that I need except the password.
Would you mind passing it along...
Thank You,
Ted

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

@Ted,

Just sent via email. Let us know if you find out what happened. If not, please start a support ticket at:  https://sisyphus-industries.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Bruce

ReplyQuote
 lora
(@lora)
Contributor

Would also love to get the SSH credentials. Thx.

ReplyQuote
 Ted
(@ted)
Contributor

Thanks Bruce. Will probably be sending in a support ticket  once I am able to dig around a bit   Christmas vacation project  

Merry Christmas 

Ted 

ReplyQuote
 Bev
(@beverly)
Contributor

Hi @Lora,

Your "account" for the forum does not have an email address for you. You can email me - bruce@sisyphus-industries.com - and I'll send you the info.

Bruce

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 5
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop