Clear all

Firmware 1.9.1 issues updating

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mgraf68)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Just yesterday I updated my table to 1.6 when seeing an update available.  Today I see 1.9.1 is available, and tried to update again.

However, my table only updated to 1.8.   The app (iOS) still says 1.9.1 is available , but I have now tried 3 times to get it to update, and it won’t take.   

The table seems to go through the process, restarts, and the app tells me I am still at 1.8 and need an update to 1.9.1.

any help?

(@mgraf68)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hmmm, last night the 1.9.1 disappeared from being available, and now 1.10.1 is showing available.  I am thinking I am going to hold off until you guys announce what is going on with all these updates.  

(The most recent forum announcement is about 1.6)

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Sorry for the confusing / rapid version number changes, Mark. We're trying to stick to a system of versioning that identifies "staging" from "master". Even second digits are master (production) code; odd are code changes in the final stage of testing prior to merging to master.  Sounds like your table is on master, since you got to 1.8.x. Bear in mind, if you are on staging (beta tester), then you will always see an update reminder to the latest master version, despite being unable to update to it, since you are on a different branch.

ReplyQuote
(@mgraf68)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Thanks for the info Bruce.  It is a bit confusing on the user end.  Should we always apply a firmware update if it shows available (even or odd numbered)?  

I don’t think I am on any beta testing program.   Right now my app states 1.10.1 is available, my table still at 1.8.   Are there any release notes posted for what this contains?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Our new devs will start adding release notes soon. The newest version fixed some minor issues related to two-ball support after a factory reset - generally not relevant to any users (yet). We do want people to update whenever there is a new push - so please :).

ReplyQuote
(@brantharradine)
Contributor

HMMM...

that must be why I have 1.9.9 firmware on and am getting 1.10.7 firmware update that I cannot initiate?

ReplyQuote
(@micahr)
Admin

@brantharradine, We had a recent server issue that resulted in some tables loading pre-release firmware. Currently there are three resolutions to this.

1. Replace the SD card with a new one that has updated firmware: If you'd like a replacement SD card, send your mailing address, name, order number or backer number to support@sisyphus-industries.com
  2. Advanced - manually update your firmware by connecting to it using SSH: see this article for the steps: Update Firmware using SSH
  3. Advanced - re-image your SD card: see this article for the steps: Steps to re-image SD card

In the mean time, be aware that you are not currently missing any features as a result of this issue. However, you will not be able to update your firmware until one of the above three options is taken.

We're very sorry for the inconvenience and are continuing to develop our firmware and server for increased robustness and a better user experience.

Micah Roth, COO

ReplyQuote
(@pim-schulte)
Contributor

Hi,

Im currently running FW 1.9.9, whenever i start the app it tells me an update is available, however when i touch update now, or manually navigate to Firmware update (1.10.13) in the settings and touch "start update" nothing happens. Its like the app isnt reacting to my touch and the table isnt updating.

Any solution to this issue?

Thanks and bR

Pim

This post was modified 5 years ago by pim.schulte

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop