Community

Firmware 1.9.1 issues updating  

RSS

Mark
(@markg)
Contributor
September 11, 2018 11:22 am  

Just yesterday I updated my table to 1.6 when seeing an update available.  Today I see 1.9.1 is available, and tried to update again.

However, my table only updated to 1.8.   The app (iOS) still says 1.9.1 is available , but I have now tried 3 times to get it to update, and it won’t take.   

The table seems to go through the process, restarts, and the app tells me I am still at 1.8 and need an update to 1.9.1.

any help?

ReplyQuote
 Mark
(@markg)
Contributor
September 12, 2018 1:16 pm  

Hmmm, last night the 1.9.1 disappeared from being available, and now 1.10.1 is showing available.  I am thinking I am going to hold off until you guys announce what is going on with all these updates.  

(The most recent forum announcement is about 1.6)

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
September 14, 2018 10:28 am  

Sorry for the confusing / rapid version number changes, Mark. We're trying to stick to a system of versioning that identifies "staging" from "master". Even second digits are master (production) code; odd are code changes in the final stage of testing prior to merging to master.  Sounds like your table is on master, since you got to 1.8.x. Bear in mind, if you are on staging (beta tester), then you will always see an update reminder to the latest master version, despite being unable to update to it, since you are on a different branch.

ReplyQuote
 Mark
(@markg)
Contributor
September 14, 2018 8:25 pm  

Thanks for the info Bruce.  It is a bit confusing on the user end.  Should we always apply a firmware update if it shows available (even or odd numbered)?  

I don’t think I am on any beta testing program.   Right now my app states 1.10.1 is available, my table still at 1.8.   Are there any release notes posted for what this contains?

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin
September 15, 2018 7:58 am  

Our new devs will start adding release notes soon. The newest version fixed some minor issues related to two-ball support after a factory reset - generally not relevant to any users (yet). We do want people to update whenever there is a new push - so please :).

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Working

Please Login or Register