How to check/tighten Pinion
- Start by removing your mechanism as shown in this video
- Next verify that your pinion needs tightening by marking the shaft and sliding the rack as shown below
- If the center shaft is not turning with the outer pinion, carefully tighten the setscrew as shown in the following video
- Do not attempt to tighten the setscrew if the pinion and shaft turn together.
- After tightening the setscrew, verify that the center shaft and pinion now turn together
- Reinstall the mechanism in your table as shown in the second half of this video