Trouble maintaining connection to table from Safari

3 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@jessicarunnels)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello all!

I have had my table several months now and am no less enamored of it than I was on day 1. I am having a recurring problem that I am hoping someone might have some insight on. 

I have a 36" table running 1.4.0 (I previously had the beta, but had a sisbot replacement and did not re-upgrade). My computer is a MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 and my preferred browser is Safari (but the problem is reproducible in Firefox and Chrome).

Right now, I am having a very unreliable connection to the table. If I use the IP address, it will usually connect, but using the sisyphus URL almost always fails. In addition, if I am trying to upload tracks, the table will often lock up completely and require me to unplug and replug it in order to get it going again.

I have already checked to make sure I am using the latest versions of everything, rebooted my computer and the table. I can mostly live with using the IP address. I am just a bit nervous about what happens when the IP address changes and I can't connect with the sisyphus URL...

Anyone with any thoughts or suggestions?

(@jessicarunnels)
Contributor
Topic starter  

Anyone with any ideas about this?

This problem has persisted for over a week now. I can connect to the table at 10.0.1.XX:3001 (where XX seems to change every once in a while), but cannot connect to sisyphus.local:3001 with any browser...

ReplyQuote
(@bruce)
Admin

Hey Jessica - sorry- I missed your prior post. This sounds like a problem with Bonjour (a service Apple created that converts alias names to their local IP address). I've alerted our devs and we're trying to figure out a way to make it more robust. I the mean time, using the IP address will work (which you've figured out).

Bruce

ReplyQuote
Share:

We take your privacy seriously and will only use your personal information to provide you with the products and services you request from us. Please see our privacy policy for more details.

Search
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop